Agriculture Solar Energy Systems
Solar Stream IE provides solar energy systems for the agriculture sector in Ireland the same way it provides energy systems for business. As experienced installers and energy advisors we have installed several solar energy systems on solar barns and on farm buildings to help greatly reduce electricity costs.
Big or small, your agricultural business can benefit from solar energy. Rising electricity costs and good roof space provided by commercial properties make solar a sensible investment. Whether your business is looking to save money, reduce its carbon footprint or secure its future energy supply, Solar Stream IE provides expert commercial solar installations with proven high yielding solar panels across Ireland.
Use Your Own Farm Shed Roof to Generate Your Own Electricity
Clean, Renewable Energy Produced on Your Roof
Solar PV products for Irish Farms and Agriculture
Solar PV products exist for a range of different applications. These include:
- Solar panels or modules. These are the best known solar PV products. Now a familiar site on rooftops and in ‘solar farms’ and business roofs they have been mass manufactured for over 25 years.
- Building Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV). These are building material products such as roof tiles, glass or cladding with solar PV materials embedded within them.
- Consumer electronics. Some consumer products have been developed with solar PV materials integrated into them so that they can produce their own power.
- Conventional solar PV panels will help meet some of the electricity demands of a building.
- 1 sq. m of silicon solar panels will generate ~150W of power on a clear sunny day. That’s enough to power a laptop computer.
- A property solar PV system sized at 24 sq. m (~4kW) and well located would generate around 4000kWh of electricity a year. That is over 50% of the average annual electricity demand of an Irish home or small business.
- Solar PV systems will still function on overcast days in Ireland although not at their maximum rated capacity.
- You will find a Solar Energy System for your Farm to be hassle free, no noise, no moving parts and self cleaning – a true asset not a cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is my property or business suitable?
As the homeowner of property owner the decision to move to solar energy is a one that may increase the value of your property and certainly reduce your electricity costs by producing renewable solar energy. While a South Facing Roof is ideal we can also implement structures to position the Panels at Ground Level, free from obstruction.
So my panels charge and then I use the energy?
The best use of your panels is in daylight whilst they are drawing energy from the sun. Planning and managing your energy use will make an additional massive difference to your costs of running a business or your household. Solar Energy reduces the cost and reliance you have on your standard electricity costs.
Is it expensive? can I get financing?
Grants and Tax incentives for Solar Energy in Ireland are currently available. As experts this means we are able to steer you into incentives and savings available to you for you to benefit from Solar Energy. Governments and Business Investors are fast recognising the benefit we will all have from using Renewable Energy. Call us and we can run you through some options. As an expense we only see it as an investment and systems can be purchased outright if you would like.